Sunday, October 31, 2010

Is Fall Almost Over Already?

I probably sound like a broken record, but I can not believe tomorrow is November 1. Soon, snow will be falling and the days will be extremely short. I can't say that I'm looking forward to that - but going into winter this year is much easier than last due to the VERY nice fall. Even today, the last day of October, it's a gorgeous day outside.

Harvest is done for almost everyone. Noah and Caleb are finishing up some work for some others, and overall everything went very well. Orchard season is wrapping up too and it was another record year. I am looking forward to having my weekends back...lots to catch up on around the house!

Enjoy some photos...


Noah driving the grain cart and Caleb in the combine. A very dry harvest season this year - very much welcomed after the flood this summer.

Harper driving the tractor. She literally took us around in circles. She thought it was so much fun.

Wearing some new "Elmo Feet" - or slippers.

The mornings are getting colder - time for the stocking hat. Usually by the time I pick her up in the afternoon it's so warm that she doesn't even have a coat on. 

This is how she relaxes when we get home. We head to my bedroom to change clothes, and she "chills" on the couch with a short cartoon.

When you work at the orchard, you don't often get to enjoy it. So Amy and I took the kids one night to makes sure we could have some fun. Harper LOVED the super slide. She squealed the entire time. We went down 3 times.

She also loved the hay maze. It's the perfect size for little ones like her. Max & Mollie would go ahead of her and call her name, and she'd run around finding them. 



Ah, the jumping pillow. Another HUGE success at the orchard. Kids of all ages love this...Harper, M & M included!



A nice walk one afternoon - trying on Amy's sunglasses.

Harper received some blocks from her Gyolai cousins, and she loves building towers and knocking them down. 

Tis the season to receive many catalogs in the mail. Harper loves to look thru the ones with toys in them. Here, she and Noah are studying the catalog. 

No comments: