Sunday, September 14, 2008

22 Weeks & Jalapeno Burn

We are now 22 weeks along. I've been feeling the baby move now on a daily basis so that's been exciting. It's nothing Noah can feel yet with his hand on my stomach, but it's still fun knowing the baby is active. Today, Mollie helped me put all the baby gifts/clothes we have received so far away. We cut tags off, and she helped me organize (still will need to wash everything, though).

In other news, I learned a very good lesson this week. Russ and I were making salsa...and this was my first time helping him. (Russ makes the BEST salsa.) I was helping chop stuff up and decided to de-seed the jalapenos....with my hands. I guess I always knew that you shouldn't touch your eye or something on your face after working with the peppers...but it did not occur to me you could literally burn you hands! So an hour after the de-seeding, my hands started feeling weird. And throughout the night, they just got progressively worse. The only relief I could find was putting my hands in cold water. Noah looked on the internet to see what I could do - and we tried everything we could....rubbing alcohol, vinegar, tomatoe juice, etc. Nothing worked. So because my hands were on fire, I couldn't get to sleep. The only solution I could think of (since sleeping with my hands in a bowl of water just wouldn't work) was to sleep holding two cold cans of diet coke! And that worked! I woke up at 1 a.m. and the cans were warm, hands still on fire, so I got two new cold cans. When I woke up for work the next morning, my hands were better.
Talk about learning the hard way!

No comments: