Friday, September 26, 2008

24 Weeks


We had a midwife appointment yesterday. Since getting the scale is my favorite thing to do (not), I made Noah also get on. We're exaclty 50 pounds apart right now. Noah said he's happy to gain with me - bring on the beer! But the nurse said his weight may be harder to take off come Jan. 17. Ha!
When the midwife was listening to the heartbeat with the doppler, she thought she heard a dropped or extra beat.....which she said is quite common. But to be on the safe side, we got an ultrasound. Another chance to check out the little one. The photo above is of his/her face...and hands. The ultrasound tech didn't detect any irregularities with the heartbeat...so I think all is fine.
Next appointment is the 28 week one where I get to have the glucose test, more blood work and the Rhogam shot. Fun! Wonder if Noah can also get some needle work....

1 comment:

The Starr's said...

Kelan had that heartbeat thing too and it was nothing. Have fun with the glucose text next time. The orange soda rocks!