Sunday, November 23, 2008

Saturday's Snow

I shouldn't have been shocked that it was snowing on Saturday considering it was Nov. 22! None the less, it did shut down the guys about mid-day. As you can see above, there was a little bit of accumulation. If you're wondering who the guy in the middle is, that's Noah's brother Seth. He came down for the weekend to help out.

Even though the prospect of having a Saturday afternoon off had the guys thinkings "let's go drink some beer" there was other work to get done. They needed to set up their 100 ft. auger in order to unload corn to the 60 ft. harvestore. So that's what they did. Keep in mind, manuevering a 100 ft. auger is a challenge in itself...so much so, Caleb had to back it down a road 1.5 miles long otherwise it wouldn't have made the narrow turn into the farm. This thing is huge - as you can see below. Notice how small the skidloader and Seth look in the photo. That'll give you some perspective.

And of course, someone had to go up top to get it all lined up, etc. That was Noah. Below is a photo of him making the climb to the top. After I took this photo, I had to leave. I couldn't fatham the thought of watching him fall off the top of that thing. So I went home and tried not to think about him being 60 ft. up on top of the harvestore.

No comments: