Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back to Work

Last Monday, I started back to work. G'ma Sandquist stayed home with Harper so I could just get thru the first day on my own. On Tuesday, Harper started daycare....so Harper made the trek to work with me for her first day. I'm happy to report she did great, and all week she did great. That has continued so far this week. She's not napping the greatest, but that's to be expected. She took a super 3 hour nap today, though!

Some highlights from daycare:

  • She had her first fire drill where she was put in a crib with another baby and wheeled outside.
  • She had her first tornado drill. Her teacher told me she was the only baby that didn't cry through that whole ordeal.
  • She's been enjoying playing in front of a mirror watching herself.
  • She's been enjoying all the books being read to her by her teacher Donna.
  • She's been enjoying watching the bigger ones in her room move around and play (her room is for ages 6 weeks to 13 months).
  • She gets daily visits from her mommy and some of mommy's co-workers who want to come see her.

Fun story, most of you know that Amy and I also went to the same daycare as Harper when we were little since Mom worked at Iowa Methodist. Well, one of the teachers in the room next to Harper's has been there since 1975. So she pulled out an old photo album and we started going thru photos and found old photos of Amy and I. It was neat to see, and also neat to know that Joy has been working there for so long - she must love her job!

As for me, I've adjusted well back to work. Almost feels like I was never gone. It helps tremendously having her on campus with me and knowing I can go see her at any given time - which I do! And then I provide updates back to her daddy.

Enjoy the multitude of photos from the past couple weeks!

Harper holding her bunny...
Big blue eyes...

Getting ready for Harper's first day at daycare...
Tummy time...she looks so serious!
LOVING her Bumbo for the first time. She thought she was a big girl sitting in that chair! She's not quite strong enough to sit in it long...she get her head bobbling around! More Bumbo on the kitchen table...
Wearing some new (bigger) jammies!
More tummy time...

No comments: