
Time is flying by! 26 weeks and the belly keeps growing...and the baby keeps moving. Tonight I had to pick up Noah and while I was sitting in my car waiting for him, the baby was all over the place...so much so I could see my stomach moving just by watching. Pretty neat.
Last week, we experienced something really quite disturbing. (Jodi & Bruce - I know you can relate.) Anyway, Noah's truck was stolen from our house overnight. They also stole the keys from my car. We didn't quite realize what was going on until the next morning when I went out to leave for work and I couldn't find my keys. I thought I was having a prego moment...so Noah came to help me look for them, and in the process realized his truck was missing. At first, we thought it was Caleb playing a prank on us. But after 2 calls to Caleb (with him denying both times), we called the Sherriff. Long story short, a neighbor found Noah's truck about 4 miles away just parked in the middle of the road. Very random things were stolen, but the truck itself was ok. No suspects at this time. Tomorrow I get new keys/cylinders/etc installed in my car so my old keys they stole will no longer work.
In farm news...harvest has begun but it's going slow. With all the re-planting and late planting this year due to the flooding, it's taking a while for the crops to dry out. Noah/Caleb/Dad have been able to combine some beans. I suspect any day now it'll all be ready and they will be working til midnight trying to get it all done.
All my spare time is being devoted to Orchard stuff. Steve has been having a great year. On Saturday, he had 2100 paid admissions to the Orchard. This does not include people who just come out to shop or pick apples. I've gotten quite good at making caramel apples.
No comments:
Post a Comment