Monday, December 15, 2008

Busy Weekend

Friday night, some friends hosted a couples baby shower/game night for us. We played a variety of board games and laughed a lot. Our friends also surprised us with a John Deere tricycle - see below. It is sooo cute! Saturday was our Child Birth Education class. We spent the day learning all about child birth and a variety of other things. Following class, we finally went to purchase the stroller and car seat. It was a beautiful day on Saturday - nearly 50 degrees. So everyone and their brother was out x-mas shopping. Noah and I are not big fans of crowds...so we just had to remind ourselves we weren't in a hurry and that it would be ok! We got the stroller at Babies 'R Us and then headed across the parking lot to Toys 'R Us to buy his nieces their x-mas presents. After a few other errands we got some take out for dinner and headed home. After eating, Noah very successfully put the stroller together! I don't think I heard one swear word come out of his mouth in the process! The picture below shows he's already trying out the cup holder! Sunday, we put the car seat bases in our vehicles so we can officially bring home a baby! And we also did some cleaning around the house. I told Noah that I was not nesting...but just that the house needed cleaning. Sunday evening, we went to my parents to have an early b-day dinner for me. Below is my ice cream cake that my sister picked out. Notice the princesses on the cake - Mollie thought it was pretty neat! And this week will also be a busy week...so it should go by very quickly! To complicate it even more, there's supposed to be two very snowy days! Tuesday night is another baby class, Wednesday night a holiday party with Noah's broker, Thursday night is my b-day so I assume we'll do something and Friday night is Amy/Russ' holiday party. Friday is also our next midwife appointment...so I'll update after that appointment.

No comments: